Meet Jerry Renick, MS, CEP
Jerry Renick, MS, CEP is the principal environmental scientist that oversees the day to day operation of Ecotone Services, Inc. Jerry has over 30 years of public and private environmental regulatory and consulting experience that began with over 10 years of working for state and local government environment agencies (Maryland Department of Natural Resources, City of Fort Lauderdale Utility Department, and Palm Beach County Environmental Resources Management Department. In the year 2000, Jerry went into the private consulting business as the Director and Principal of a large West Palm Beach and Treasure Coast-based consulting firm.
In 2018, Jerry started Ecotone Services in order to provide high quality, specialized environmental services for public and private clients whether they want to purchase land to develop or manage lands for public access. Jerry’s knowledge and experience working with federal, state, and local government agencies is second to none. Due to his extensive experience, knowledge, and training in both the public and private sectors, Jerry has been utilized as an expert witness and has given court room testimony.
- Certified Environmental Professional, Academy of Board Certified Environmental Professionals, #09050433
- Professional Wetland Scientist, Society of Wetland Scientists, #1813
- Certified Arborist, International Society of Arboriculture, #1427A
- Commercial Pesticide Applicator, Florida Department of Agriculture & Consumer Services, #CM15121
- Certified SCUBA Diver, NAUI, #4302
- City Council Member, City of Fellsmere, November 2019-current
- Planning & Zoning Commission Member, City of Fellsmere, April 2019-October 2019
- Board of Directors, Palm Beach County Planning Congress, 2017-2018
- Mentorship Program, Academy of Board Certified Environmental Professionals, May 2018-current
- Certification Review Board, Academy of Board Certified Environmental Professionals, 2013-current
- Executive Committee Member, Florida Urban Forestry Council, 2009-2016
- Board of Directors, Florida Chapter International Society of Arboriculture, 2012-2013